We welcome you to our Analytics for Marketers community! Please take a few moments to read through this orientation guide so that you know what to expect and what’s expected of you.
Code of Conduct
By remaining a member of the community, you agree to adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- Be respectful, considerate, and kind. Please choose your words carefully; we are all people and our words can be helpful or harmful to those around us. You are responsible for what you say.
- Comply with moderators. In situations of conflict, moderators may step in to mediate the situation. Please listen to and follow the guidance given so that the conflict can be resolved.
- Reach out to moderators. If you need help, if you feel uncomfortable, or you witness behavior that leads you to believe someone else may need help, immediately contact a moderator. All moderators’ direct messages inboxes are open for you to communicate in confidence.
- Do not share or create prohibited content, privately or publicly. This includes sexually explicit content, hate speech, spam, fraudulent content, sadistic gore, animal cruelty, promotion of self-harm and suicide, child exploitation, private/confidential information, content promoting illegal activities, and malicious content such as viruses and malware. If you see prohibited content, please report it to a moderator immediately.
- Do not direct message people without their consent. If you want to message someone, ask them first on a public channel.
- Do not request or initiate requests for partnerships or Slack Connect. To discuss collaborations, please contact a moderator instead.
- Never reveal others’ personal information without their consent or badger others for personal information.
- Read each channel’s descriptions and intended purpose and use them accordingly. Channels exist to help conversations stay on topic and relevant, as well as help members, find what they’re looking for.
- Adhere to the overall Slack Acceptable Use Policy, much of which we have mirrored above.
- In general, conduct yourself in a professional manner. Treat our community as you would treat visiting someone else’s workplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the moderators?
Katie Robbert, John Wall, and Christopher Penn are moderators. You may direct message any of them at any time for assistance or to report inappropriate conduct.
Where can I post self-promotional content like my latest blog post?
The #what-i-am-working-on channel is the place for that. Posting self-promotional content on other channels is prohibited and will be removed.
Where can I post job openings?
The #general-job-openings channel is the best place for that.
Where can I post my resume/CV?
We do not have a dedicated channel for that. However, in your Slack profile, you can add your LinkedIn URL to fields such as your status message, making it visible to others. An example is shown below:
Are there other channels I can join?
Yes! Here is a list:
- #general-job openings
Can I invite other people?
Yes! Send them this URL: trustinsights.ai/analyticsformarketers and a moderator will approve their request.
Need help with your marketing data and analytics?
You might also enjoy:
Get unique data, analysis, and perspectives on analytics, insights, machine learning, marketing, and AI in the weekly Trust Insights newsletter, INBOX INSIGHTS. Subscribe now for free; new issues every Wednesday!
Want to learn more about data, analytics, and insights? Subscribe to In-Ear Insights, the Trust Insights podcast, with new 10-minute or less episodes every week.