For all who endured the race to readiness for GDPR, we salute you. GDPR’s relatively quiet launch may have opened the door to more regulation. Why? On one hand, it came and went without immediate, world-ending consequences. On the other hand, continued findings of data abuse by major companies like Facebook encourage even the least-qualified people (politicians) to call for more privacy regulation and scrutiny of what companies do with our data.
Give that some thought as we dig into this issue’s data…
In this issue’s Bright Idea, we discuss cheese. Who loves cheese? Lots of people love cheese. We’re showcasing a fun way to see predictive analytics in action, with Cheese of the Week. Cheese of the Week uses public search data, forecasted 52 weeks in advance from today (5 June 2018) to show when audiences in America are most interested in the different kinds of cheeses. The darker a number’s background is and the bigger the number, the more interested they are. Click on the image to go to the forecasting tool:
If you were a Maître Fromager or a Certified Cheese Professional, you’d likely want to know what cheeses to focus on in your restaurant, winery, or your cheese content marketing to ensure you were as relevant as possible every week. Sort the columns by cheese, then build an editorial calendar or a cheese content calendar for every week of the next year.
- How To Predict The Future of Your Marketing via Trust Insights
- Understanding Employee Sentiment at Scale With Machine Learning via Trust Insights
- How AI Will Change Marketing Forever @ Next10X Conference via Trust Insights
- Marketing Insights Q&A: Digital Channel Strategy via Trust Insights
- Fun with Forecasting: Cheese of the Week Predictive Analytics via Trust Insights
Social Media Marketing
- How Social Media Became a Pink Collar Job via WIRED
- Everything You Need to Know about Facebook’s New Data Policy via Digital Trends
- How to Use Social Media to Promote Your Event via Social Media Examiner
- Video or Images: Which Performs Better in Facebook Ads?
- Every Business Has an Origin Story: A Lesson in Branding
- Where’s Video Going? 10 Trends to Watch Infographic
- Teens Are Abandoning Facebook for YouTube, Pew Study Says via Digital Trends
- 2018: The year of influencer marketing for B2B brands via Marketing Land
- Maintaining the R in PR: Media Relations Done Right Spin Sucks
Tools, Machine Learning, and AI
- Deep learning with synthetic data will democratize the tech industry via TechCrunch
- Who Is Going To Make Money In AI? Part I via Towards Data Science
- An Introduction to Deep Learning for Tabular Data
- Python eats away at R: Top Software for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018: Trends and Analysis
- Github’s Top Open Datasets For Machine Learning
Analytics, Stats, and Data Science
- GDPR: What it Means for Google Analytics & Online Marketing via Moz
- The First Things you Should Learn as a Data Scientist – Not what you Think via Data Science Central
- How Much Data Is Missing from Analytics? And Other Analytics Black Holes via Moz
- Top 20 R Libraries for Data Science in 2018 Infographic via Data Science Central
- Breaking away: The secrets to scaling analytics via McKinsey & Company
SEO, Google, and Paid Media
- How HubSpot Uses Blogging to Rank #1 on Google
- Hidden PPC traffic killers via Search Engine Land
- Beating remarketing addiction and testing for incremental value using Google Analytics via Search Engine Land
- Ask the SMXpert: SEO markup and structured data via Search Engine Land
- How Your Blog Needs to Evolve in the Age of AI-Powered Voice Search
Where can you find us in person?
- Content Marketing World, September 2018, Cleveland
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum, November 2018, San Francisco
Can’t wait to pick our brains? Book a Table for Four and spend an hour with us live (virtually) on any topic you like:
Going to a conference we should know about? Reach out: (https://www.trustinsights.ai/contact/)
Thanks for subscribing and supporting us. Let us know if you want to see something different or have any feedback for us! (https://www.trustinsights.ai/contact/)
Social follow buttons
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Trust Insights on the social channels of your choice:
Get unique data, analysis, and perspectives on analytics, insights, machine learning, marketing, and AI in the weekly Trust Insights newsletter, Data in the Headlights. Subscribe now for free; new issues every Wednesday!
Want to learn more about data, analytics, and insights? Subscribe to In-Ear Insights, the Trust Insights podcast, with new 10-minute or less episodes every week.