Welcome to another issue of Data in the Headlights. In this issue, the exclusive dataset for you is an influencer analysis of the recent RSA Conference. This security conference is one of the largest in the world, and is a who’s who of people in the cybersecurity and technology world. Conferences are one of our favorite sources for identifying influencers. Why? We know everyone at that event, during that period of time, is relevant to a specific niche or vertical. Conference-based influencer lists also help surface rising stars that might otherwise be drowned out in regular searching by the noisiest (but not as influential) voices.
Using machine learning, we explored more than 70,000 tweets using the conference hashtag and identified 883 entities (out of tens of thousands) who were the most talked about. The graphic shows how different handles interact and cluster together:
The spreadsheet below is what you’d hand to your sales, marketing, social media, or customer experience teams/agencies, depending on how you use influencers.
Enjoy this dataset. If you have questions about it, or would like us to develop one for your company based on a recent or upcoming industry event, please let us know by hitting reply now.
Missing data is the bane of every industry and profession that aspires to be data-driven. Few things are worse, however, than having data and then having access to the data revoked by a third party. This is the situation that content marketers find themselves in today as social networks restrict more and more access to data about how content is shared. On February 7, 2018, LinkedIn removed its sharing counts, blinding many to the performance of their content on the network.
Trust Insights set out to find alternatives for the missing data. With none commercially available, we instead built a methodology for inferring, or imputing, the missing data using machine learning technology with 98.2% accuracy. After extensive testing and validation with a quarter-million-row dataset, we deployed it to help marketers once again understand how their content performed on LinkedIn.
- Understanding Employee Sentiment at Scale With Machine Learning via Trust Insights
- GDPR Resources via Trust Insights
- How Machine Learning Fixed LinkedIn Share Counts via Trust Insights
- IBM THINK 2018: THINK About Your Personal Brand via Trust Insights
- Fighting Dark Data with CEO Katie Lioy via Trust Insights
- Digital Transformation And Disruption: An IBM THINK Talk via Trust Insights
- 6261 clicks: Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you via Dylan Curran via Opinion via The Guardian
- 3282 clicks: How Calls for Privacy May Upend Business for Facebook and Google via The New York Times
- 463 clicks: How to Analyze Instagram Stories With Instagram Insights via Social Media Examiner
Tools, Machine Learning, and AI
- 1092 clicks: Ten Machine Learning Algorithms You Should Know to Become a Data Scientist
- 762 clicks: Sizing the potential value of AI and advanced analytics via McKinsey & Company
- 641 clicks: Text Data Preprocessing: A Walkthrough in Python
- 552 clicks: Blockchain Could Turn Video Games Into A Full Time Career via Digital Trends
Analytics, Stats, and Data Science
- 5061 clicks: Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs via Towards Data Science
- 1966 clicks: Aspiring Data Scientists! Start to learn Statistics with these 6 books!
- 1061 clicks: 25 Open Datasets for Deep Learning Every Data Scientist Must Work With
All Things Marketing
- 3874 clicks: The Campaign Comeback: What to Do When Content Fails via Whiteboard Friday via Moz
- 2618 clicks: Google Is Working on Its Own Blockchain-Related Technology via Bloomberg
- 3079 clicks: Where Clickbait, Linkbait, and Viral Content Fit in SEO Campaigns via Whiteboard Friday via Moz
- 1687 clicks: Google’s Knowledge Graph Identifies your Medical Symptoms via Data Science Central
Where can you find us in person?
- Next10x, May 2018, Boston
- Content Marketing World, September 2018, Cleveland
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum, November 2018, San Francisco
Going to a conference we should know about? Reach out: (https://www.trustinsights.ai/contact/)
Social follow buttons
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow Trust Insights on the social channels of your choice:
Thanks for subscribing and supporting us. Let us know if you want to see something different or have any feedback for us! (https://www.trustinsights.ai/contact/)
Need help with your marketing data and analytics?
You might also enjoy:
Get unique data, analysis, and perspectives on analytics, insights, machine learning, marketing, and AI in the weekly Trust Insights newsletter, Data in the Headlights. Subscribe now for free; new issues every Wednesday!
Want to learn more about data, analytics, and insights? Subscribe to In-Ear Insights, the Trust Insights podcast, with new 10-minute or less episodes every week.