INBOX INSIGHTS: Happy Holidays From Trust Insights (12/22) :: View in browser
Learn the fundamentals of marketing analytics in a brand new talk »
Well, friends. We just about made it to the end of 2021. There have been ups and there have been downs. Hopefully for you, more ups than downs.
This is our last newsletter until 2022.
With that, click here for a quick note me.
Have a safe and happy winter break!
Katie Robbert, CEO plus Chris and John
– Katie Robbert, CEO
Do you have a colleague or friend who needs this newsletter? Send them this link to help them get their own copy:
In this episode of In-Ear Insights, Katie and Chris walk through the AI and Machine Learning Lifecycle. When you’re thinking about deploying artificial intelligence and machine learning in your organization, especially for marketing purposes, what are the steps in the process you need to consider? Listen in and discover what basic reporting dashboards and AI have in common, and what steps you need to take to prepare for the use of AI in your organization.
Watch/listen to this episode of In-Ear Insights here »
Last week on So What? The Marketing Analytics and Insights Live Show, we did part 2 of our Analytics Ask Me Anything. Learn the answers to some of your most pressing analytics questions.
Watch this episode of So What? here »
There are no more shows in 2021 for So What, but if you’ve got questions, pop into our free Slack group, Analytics for Marketers and ask there.
Are you following our YouTube channel? If not, click/tap here to follow us!
Here’s some of our content from recent days that you might have missed. If you read something and enjoy it, please share it with a friend or colleague!
- Happy Holidays from Trust Insights
- INBOX INSIGHTS, December 15, 2021: Checking In, The 12 Days of Data via Trust Insights Marketing Analytics Consulting
Get skilled up with an assortment of our free, on-demand classes.
- What, Why, How: Foundations of B2B Marketing Analytics (new!)
- How to Think About Google Analytics 4 (new!)
- Fundamentals of Marketing Analytics (new!)
- How to Deliver Reports and Prove the ROI of your Agency
- Powering Up Your LinkedIn Profile (For Job Hunters)
- Competitive Social Media Analytics Strategy
This week’s Data Diaries are… absent. Why? Because it’s the 12 Days of Data!
We’re featuring data from 2021 as we look back at the year that was. Some of the key takeaways so far?
- Instagram continues to be less effective for marketers in terms of engagement, both for brands and influencers
- Reels have probably eaten IGTV
- TikTok’s algorithm is fairly simple to understand in terms of ranking factors
- Pages lose most of their valuable link juice if left unfixed for 30 days or less
- Press releases are rarely cited or mentioned outside of syndication
Catch up on the first 9 entries below:
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 1: Instagram for Brands
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 2: Instagram for Influencers
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 3: Instagram Media Types
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 4: Tiktok Trending Videos
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 5: TikTok Marketing Topic Deep Dive
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 6: SEO Page Decay Statistics
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 7: Press Release Statistics
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 8: Press Release (Over)used Words
- 12 Days of Data 2021, Day 9: 2022 Marketing Campaign Forecast
In the next final few installments, we’ll be looking at top stories on the web, content republishing, and private social media communities. Stay tuned!
- Case Study: Google Analytics Audit and Attribution
- Case Study: Natural Language Processing
- Case Study: SEO Audit and Competitive Strategy
This is a roundup of the best content you and others have written and shared in the last week.
SEO, Google, and Paid Media
- Keyword Clusters: How to Level up Your SEO Content Strategy
- E-A-T & YMYL: How To Boost Your On-Page SEO
- How to gain SEO insights using data segmentation
Social Media Marketing
- Example: Use URL Parameters to Verify Facebook Ads Results via Jon Loomer Digital
- TikTok Provides Insights and Tips to Help Brands Connect with Female Users via Social Media Today
- TikTok Live Studio is a desktop streaming app to rival Twitch via TechSpot
- How to Use Interactive Content in Visual Storytelling
- How PR pros and brand managers can counter cancel culture with influencers via PR Daily
- 10 Content Marketing Articles Readers (Like You) Loved This Year
Data Science and AI
- 3 big problems with datasets in AI and machine learning via VentureBeat
- How AI regulation is developing in the insurance industry via VentureBeat
- A Faster Way to Prepare Time-Series Data with the AI & Analytics Engine via KDnuggets
Are you a member of our free Slack group, Analytics for Marketers? Join 1900+ like-minded marketers who care about data and measuring their success. Membership is free – join today. Members also receive sneak peeks of upcoming data, credible third-party studies we find and like, and much more. Join today!
- Are you happy with the answers you’re getting out of Google Analytics today?
- Are you confident in the decisions you’re making from Google Analytics?
- Are you secure in the knowledge that you’re set up properly to benefit from Google Analytics 4?
If you answered no to any of the questions above, let’s take some time to get your analytics in shape. Google Analytics 4 is the analytics software of the future. Google has made no bones about the fact that anything new they develop will be in GA4 only. To take advantage of the new features, you need to get your house in order now.
So we’re offering you a Google Analytics 4 bootcamp. We’ll help you:
- Get your existing Google Analytics account in shape with proper goals, tracking cleanup, and best practices
- Identify key issues that will block your ability to use Google Analytics 4 and help resolve them
- Help set an analytics strategy for this that focuses on answers, decisions, and growth rather than pouring more data in your inbox
- Build a migration plan for Google Analytics 4, including Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio
Click here to order a Google Analytics bootcamp »
Interested in sponsoring INBOX INSIGHTS? Contact us for sponsorship options to reach over 22,000 analytically-minded marketers and business professionals every week.
First and most obvious – if you want to talk to us about something specific, especially something we can help with, hit up our contact form.
Where do you spend your time online? Chances are, we’re there too, and would enjoy sharing with you. Here’s where we are – see you there?
- Our blog
- In-Ear Insights on Apple Podcasts
- In-Ear Insights on Google Podcasts
- In-Ear Insights on all other podcasting software
Our Featured Partners are companies we work with and promote because we love their stuff. If you’ve ever wondered how we do what we do behind the scenes, chances are we use the tools and skills of one of our partners to do it.
- Hubspot CRM
- StackAdapt Display Advertising
- Agorapulse Social Media Publishing
- WP Engine WordPress Hosting
- Techsmith Camtasia and Snagit Media Editing
- Talkwalker Media Monitoring
- Marketmuse Professional SEO software
- Gravity Forms WordPress Website Forms
- Otter AI transcription
- Semrush Search Engine Marketing
- Our recommended media production gear on Amazon
Read our disclosures statement for more details, but we’re also compensated by our partners if you buy something through us.
Some events and partners have purchased sponsorships in this newsletter and as a result, Trust Insights receives financial compensation for promoting them. Read our full disclosures statement on our website.
Thanks for subscribing and supporting us. Let us know if you want to see something different or have any feedback for us!
Need help with your marketing data and analytics?
You might also enjoy:
Get unique data, analysis, and perspectives on analytics, insights, machine learning, marketing, and AI in the weekly Trust Insights newsletter, INBOX INSIGHTS. Subscribe now for free; new issues every Wednesday!
Want to learn more about data, analytics, and insights? Subscribe to In-Ear Insights, the Trust Insights podcast, with new 10-minute or less episodes every week.